May 23rd , 2017
The Grade 8 Farewell is a celebration of the end of one phase in a student’s education and the beginning of a new one. This celebration can only take place if school and community are willing to work together. This year the Grade 8 Farewell is scheduled for Tuesday, June 20th from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Teachers, parents, and administration have already begun preparations. We are now asking for your assistance.
A reception will follow the formal part of the celebration. We need the Grade 7 students and parents to help with the organization of the reception. Grade 7 parents are asked to look after the dainties (please send nut free), fruit trays/ vegetable trays to be collected and served at the reception. For the reception to be a success, we need approximately three to four parents to oversee the preparations.
Grade 7 Parents- It is important to note here that next year it will be your child transitioning from Jack MacKenzie School to the various high schools. You and your child will then sit back and enjoy the celebrations without a concern as the Grade 7 students and parents, at that time, will be volunteering to ensure that you have a memorable evening. Please help out in any way you can. We need to have one or two parents volunteer to be the point of contact for the Grade 7 parents and to organize the evening reception. The volunteer(s) will need to be at the school the day of the Farewell, setting up the reception, and continuing to oversee the reception. Please return completed forms by May 30th, 2017 to your child’s homeroom teacher.
* Please send food items to the school the morning of Tuesday, June 20th by 9:00 a.m.
K. Reoch, A. Scott, K. DuMont, and K. Yeske
I, _________________________ can assist with the preparation for the reception. My contact number is: __________________.
We will be providing the following for the reception:
My email address is:______________________________________________________________.
Grade 8 Farewell Student/Parent Committees
*If you were unable to attend the parent farewell meeting on Wednesday, March 29th, you are welcome to take part in the planning.
Grade 8 Students- all
Lead Parent- Andrea Hoffman
Colours and Style - Black, gold and burgundy, “Hollywood”
After Party Committee Members:
Lead Parents- Megan Hunt, Ronalda Rodrique, Lindsay Vindevoghal
Party Place – Boomers
Note sent May 10th, 2017
- All photos must be in by May 18th (If not already handed in, please submit ASAP).
- Email Arden or Myles at email@example.com, please put the student’s name on the back of each picture;
Chris Curry, Trinity McMurchy, Cole Sillinger
Kelly Lien and Eda Imre
Jetta Frisk and Grace Snyder
Parent Reply- Dean/Katherine Zimmer
Master of Ceremonies:
Juliana Flynn and Sebastian Hamming
- Wednesday, May 31st – Umoja performance for Tim Hortan’s Camp Day (lunch hour);
- Thursday, June 1st – Umoja Tour to Saskatoon;
- Monday, June 5th – Track and Field at Douglas Park;
- Thursday, June 8th – Acquired Brain Injury Presentation (am);
- Thursday, June 8th – Barbecue (5:00-6:00 pm), Family Dance (6:00-8:00 pm), Senior Student Dance (Grades 6-8, 8:00-10:00 pm);
- Friday, June 9th – PD Day, no school;
- Friday, June 16th – Twin Day;
- Tuesday, June 20th – Grade 8 Farewell (6:00 – 7:30 pm);
- Friday, June 23rd – Grade 8 Farewell Celebration (Moose Jaw Tunnels and Swimming, 8:45-3:37pm
****Please pay online $35.00 by May 26th
****Please pack a hearty lunch, bathing suit, towel, bug repellant, other outdoor necessities and miscellaneous money for Fudge Factory, etc.
- TBA – Swimming and park (12:45 – 3:30);
- June 29th- Last day of school for students, walk DQ – early dismissal at 2:30 pm